Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking.....

The power of positive thinking is not something that I can get my head wrapped around. My day has turned into a negative fiasco. How does one turn a fiasco into positive thinking I ask?

The pebble that got the rock rolling was that I locked my stupid keys in my car along with my purse, all my money, my afternoon workout clothes and my lunch which I am sure is now defrosting in a puddle all over my front seat. To add to my stress is that I don't have AAA, security at work can't pop my lock due to liability, none of my co-workers are here to offer me the option of begging their roadside assistance service, all the locksmiths that I called want to charge $50 and up and my husband doesn't carry a key to my car on his persons.

For one, I am shocked at the price that it cost for a locksmith to come up and pop my lock. I'm not cheap by any means but I refuse to pay charges that I feel are overloaded. They will come out for FREE though if you have a child or a pet locked in the car. That at least is nice to know.

Eventually I'm sure that I'll get my car unlocked and shame on me for not having an extra key, and some kind of roadside assistance. If this is the worst thing that happens to me today then I guess I can't complain to much.

For me, it's hard to turn a negative into a positive. I don't know how to realign my feelings and to turn my frown right side up.

If any one has any ideas for me I'm more than open.

4 comments:

highway163 said...

I haven't a clue how to transform a lousy day like that into something positive - though you're on the right track by noting the kindness of locksmiths who'll open a car to help a pet or child.

I can only say that I'm sorry you dealt with such a lousy day, and I hope you'll have a better evening...

Anonymous said...

One word, dear sister....


AAA.


I don't mind shelling out 93 bucks a year if it means that someone will be available to tow my vehicle, or unlock the door of said vehicle, should the need arise.

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I know this is going to end up being my fault. And I'm okay with that! Have fun in Georgia, I'm sure the keys are out by now!! :)

Jenny Wood said...

I don't think I can be of too much help, today as I am down in the dumps myself. But my usual banter on this topic would be:

It sounds like you learned about 3 things - have AAA, Keep a spare key in places you can find them but no one else can(including your husband)and 3 don't bother with the locksmiths unless your kid or pet is in the car.

Maybe you've even learned how to pop your own lock by now - that's a plus for the future.

The good thing is that you tried to look for the bright side. Few people even do that - you're on the right track.