Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Half-Off our Grocery Bill this week at Publix!

Even though I should be ecstatic about saving over 50% this week on groceries I only feel ho-hum about it. My favorite trips are the ones that I save over 65% on.  Good Lord, you know I'm getting to be a serious couponer when 50% just isn't good enough!  I really shouldn’t beat myself up though, out of the 27 items that I purchased I didn’t have coupons for 12 of thoes items and most of that was fresh produce and meat.

I did get an awesome buy that I wanted to share. I found Gillette Deodorant in the clearance section at Publix for $2.88. I used one, $4/2 Gillette Deodorant coupon from the February 21st Procter Gamble ad and two coupons from the February 7th, Procter Gamble ad for two free Gillette Body Wash when you buy two Gillette Deodorants. I scored 2 Deodorants and 2 Body Washes for $0.88, or $0.22 cents each. Even my mom who went shopping with me was impressed with that buy.

Here’s what we purchased:



and my spreadsheet:


More shopping adventures t come later in the week!

1 comment:

Jenny Wood said...

You're my hero, Mary. I only got 30% off my grocery bill and that was me REALLY trying! I'm still learning though.