Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another Great Shopping Trip at Publix

After last weeks Publix shopping trip I felt a little disappointed. Not with the prices that I paid for my purchases but with the fact that most of my items were non-edible. My sister was kind and quick to point this out to me. So this week I tried to focus more on grocery items for family meals. That's not to say that I didn't purchase other household or personal items if there was a good sale that I could combine with a coupon.

Here's a look at what I purchased:

A top view to show more detail:

And of course my spreadsheet:

Click on the spreadsheet and pictures to enlarge and show more details on my purchases.

My total before coupons was $142.57. I then presented the cashier with a stack of coupons that totaled over $105 ! That, along with my BOGO deals, brought my total down to $37.18 with tax. That's a savings of over 74%! You can't complain when Publix pays you (takes money off of your other items) to purchase products because your manufacturer coupons, store coupons, and competitor coupons, equal more in savings than the price of the product you are purchasing. I scored such a deal with my purchase of Sundown Vitamin D, Right Guard Deodorant, and EAS Advantage Bar and Dannon Yogurt. I also was able to get free Sure deodorant and Jennie-O Sweet Turkey Sausage with two mail-in rebate offers. I'm really starting to see that it makes "cents" to use coupons! Sorry but I couldn't resist.

No comments: