Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

This Weeks Savings at Publix

It may sound silly but coupons make me happy.  Today I picked up half a gallon of milk for $0.50, four boxes of Crest toothpaste for $1.25, a toothbrush for $0.50, a pizza that could feed a family of four for $0.75, and that's just a few of the great deals I was able to get all because of coupons. 
 
On today's shopping trip, I only paid $31.86 (before tax) on food that normally retails for over $111.00.  That's a savings of almost $80!  All by just spending an hour or so last night making my shopping list from the current Publix sale, and pulling my coupons together to match those items on sale.  I had a coupon for every single item that I purchased except for one splurge item requested by my daughter. 
 
While I admit coupons can be work, I can honestly say that it's work that pays you back.  I personally don't make $80 an hour for my normal hourly rate of pay so by just spending an hour, and doing a little organizing,  I was able to save $80 that my family can use on other items in our budget. All that for just an hours worth of work last night.  Don't need four boxes of toothpaste you say?  Well buy it anyway, and donate it to a shelter or food pantry.  A $1.25 is a small price to pay to help someone in need. 
 
Listed below is a photo of everything I purchased along with my spreadsheet that shows the price breakdown of each item along with the savings.
 
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions and happy shopping!